Sunday, October 10, 2010

A little bit of adventure and a little bit of sparkle


Just wrapping up a pretty fun weekend. Friday kicked off with me walking into the Alice in Chains concert sans ticket. I always like a little bit of adventure and the expereince brought back some memories of Lollapalooza 1993 at Portland Meadows. Sadly, this time I was without my 20 eye Docs and didn’t arrive by VW bus. Yep, I’m sure Martha S. can’t claim those fun facts but maybe more folks would like her if she could.

On Saturday, I celebrated Alaina’s birthday. Whether dancing with tortillas, rocking NYE or captaining a vessel, she’s been a wonderful friend and there have been a ton of laughs.

Presents for special people in your life can be challenging. I love to give handmade gifts, something that I have spent time preparing with the person in mind. These gifts can range from jewelry to scarfs and mittens to homemade jam. Even preparing a great dinner or great breakfast can someone know how special they are to you.  

For Laina, I made an amazonite and smoky quartz necklace with sterling silver chain. A few beads and some wire-wrapping completed the project. I’m a little obsessed with the seafoam color of amazonite right now in clothes, curtains and in jewelry. Plus, blue and sparkle always looks good on blondes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment