OK. Maybe it’s not quite like that, but a little. Being single gets well… lonely. Not gonna lie, it still gets lonely - and I have a lot of fun friends. J Who doesn’t want to be cuddled in the morning? So for a pal, I decided to make a new addition to the family – a black standard schnauzer. What can make you more happy than a puppy? Answer: nothing.
For those of you who don’t know, standard schnauzers are the perfect dog. Big enough to hike to the top of Mt. Pilchuck or run 10 miles, but still small enough to cuddle on the couch. Unfortunately, standards are also impossibly rare, but I was lucky enough to find a breeder in Milwaukee who had a boy ready for me on guess when… my birthday!
Already, lil Zeuggie has been quite a pal. We have done HHs at Mcglivras and Ohana. (He is german, so of course, he likes beer. Err, only Miller Lite – Milwaukee influence.) So, in honor of Zeuggie’s arrival, today’s recipe is dedicated to canine friends.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter with Bacon Icing
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3 strips bacon
8 ounces cream cheese
* Instructions *
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter salt and cinnamon into a solid dough. Roll out on floured surface and cut into shapes.
3. Bake on greased pan for 40-45 minutes.
4. Cook (microwave or fry) 3 slices of bacon. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings.
5. Melt 8 ounces package cream cheese in the microwave under defrost heat. Mix bacon drippings.
6. Dip in biscuits. Let cool on wired rack.