Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cupcake Craziness

The challenge: 1 night - 70 cupcakes. My first *catering* gig. Two canine sous chefs. One dishwasher who’d rather be a taste tester.... we worked out a good compromise. Don't worry.

In my day job, I work in the technology division for a major media company. I've got a great team who has been awesome sports about playing lab rats for my desert creations. I've had some winners and losers, but I guess a few more of the former as I was asked to provide some *professional* cupcakes for the strategic services all-hands meeting vs. one of the other famous "cupcake houses" in Seattle. Honored, I accepted the challenge. Well, who in their right mind would ever decline?

As someone who is not a choco-holic, I like to provide a selection that has a variety of tastes.

*MENU* 
·    Snickerdoodle (in dedication to my awesome mom who I missed so much over the last 2 ½ weeks… She makes A TO DIE FOR snickerdoodle cookie)
·    Spice Pecan Cake with Orange Icing (something yummy for fall)
·    Gingerbread with Cream Cheese Frosting and Sprinkles  (a look forward to the holidays)
·    Chocolate Peanut Butter *Surprise* with Chocolate Drizzle (the surprise is a peanut butter cup hiding in the cupcake... it’s a little "Family Circle" vs. Martha Stewart, but sometimes the simplest things are the best.)


And after tonight, I think I'm moving on from cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment