Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chalkboard Pumpkin


It’s time to start getting serious about my absolute favorite holiday – Halloween. Today is going to be dedicated to costumes and getting the house spookafied.

Here is one if my projects -

Pumpkins can add festiveness to your porch, mantle or table. On my walk yesterday,  I noticed many pumpkins were already out on doorsteps but not carved. Jack O’ Lanterns are fun, but carving pumpkins too early can lead to a rotten, moldy mess way before Halloween.

For those wanting to add a little early October festiveness, try this idea… chalkboard paint and chalk!

Pick out your favorite pumpkin and paint with chalkboard spray paint. I used Rust-Oleum Black, but green might be an interesting choice as well.  Then use chalk to create a scary face or saying.  If you goof or change your mind on the look, simply wipe with a damp cloth and start again.

For my art, I did a traditional version and then a vampire schnauzer for Haasenpfeffer. (He’s a crazy little dog and now just obsessed with the Twilight movies.)

Note: these pumpkins are best to keep dry. Set undercover to avoid a rainy day ruining your masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment