Thursday, October 21, 2010

Finding Time for the Small Things

It’s been a busy week - from happy hours to co-planning a meeting for 300 women at Benaroya Hall to volunteering at the Harry Potter Opening Gala tonight to gearing up for trips to the east coast and LA the next 2 weeks.

While it is wonderful to get out and about, I love to keep myself centered by making time for the simple pleasures – a great walk around the park, a late night run in the along Lake Washington, homemade raviolis and parmesan and Wrestlemania VIII with my schnauzers.  (BTW, if you can’t tell I really love lists. Perhaps, maybe someday I will blog about why there are always at least 3 lists going at any one time in my house.)

Also, as you all know, one of my simple joys in life is baking. It’s a stress reliever, a way to channel my creativity. I know I said earlier that I was off baking and focusing on other things but  I decided to make a quick, simple fall cookie. Recipe below –

Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip with Coconut and Pecans

*Ingredients*
1 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup rolled oats
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup coconut

*Instructions*
1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets.
2.  Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
3.  In an electric mixer, cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Slowly, add in flour mixture. Mix on medium speed for 3-5 minutes.  
4.  Stir in oatmeal, chocolate chips, pecans and coconut.
5.  Spoon drops of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

  1. Do you like lists? BTW great cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING cookies. Someone was VERY happy with the surprise on the doorstep. Thanks for being an amazing neighbor.

    ReplyDelete