Friday, October 1, 2010

31 Days O’Halloween

October is my favorite month of the year because it means my favorite holiday… Halloween. Maybe I love it because nothing is better than playing dress up. Maybe I love it because spiders make awesome pets.  Maybe I love it because I am *a little bit* evil.

To kick off the season, I am starting going with ghost cupcakes. It feels a little silly to writing up the instructions, because these babies are just way, way simple. So simple they would make a perfect Halloween party activities for kids… or adults who are like me and act like a kid.

Things you need to get going with this project –

·    Cupcakes… pick your favorite kind and bake them in white liners. I went with milk chocolate cake (Yes, made from scratch Rob) and chocolate chunks because I have recently been informed men love chocolate… which is odd because I was always told women love chocolate and that since I don’t really care for chocolate that I was crazy. C’mon people… I am crazy, but pick a better reason than I don’t like chocolate. OK… back to what we are doing.
·    Frosting that is pipe-able. Martha’s Buttercream  is an excellent option.
·    Chocolate chips, raisins or black frosting for the eyes.

*Instructions *
1.   Fit your pastry bag with a starburst tip. Load up your pastry bag with frosting.
2.   Create an arc over the top of the cupcake.
3.   Extend the arc down for long loops off the side of the cupcake. I think it looks best when there is a little bit of space between the loops, but up to you.
4.   Place 2 chocolate chips for eyes.
5.   Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment