Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Full Circle

I made jewelry today - earrings to be exact. I used to make baubbles all the time. Haven't in a along time and I'm not sure what quite gave me the inspiration. Maybe, its because I finally found me - a good combination of old and new.



So, haven't blogged in a while. Many people have asked, "what's been going on?"

Change #1, gotta a puppy. He's pretty awesome. Except when he gets up a 5:15 am. Thanks to all the girls who have made a special trip to come meet him. Zeuggie weighs 16 lbs now and is your general Standard Schnauzer badass. He will be up to 50 lbs pretty soon and able to keep up on the long runs. For now, he is just the cute little bugger hanging out on the patio at the Attic.


Change #2
, I'm a red head and I kinda love it. It's spunky. I was told yesterday by a guy friend, "You are way too witty to be a blonde." Now... if I had gone to blonde from red, he probably would have said, "You are way to sexy/fun-loving/funny/ insert adjetive here, to be a red head." Still love the blondetourage, but the red is here for a little while.  And BTW, the *witty comment* is still the best compliment that I have gotten yet.

Change #3, I went on dates. For the record, I hate dating. Always have. I hate the game-playing and the ambiguity of it. I went out with a chef, firefighters (3), a 26 year-old, a saddle-maker, a bio-chemist, an ex-NFL player, an archeologist and a man who pretended to be a special agent (no lie). No one ever made it past date 3. Most not past 45 minutes. I am now more convinced more than ever there is no good man for me and I'm good with that. Single is good and jewelry making is a better past time.

Change #4, I committed myself to things I have always wanted to do. I got a trainer. Learned how to make omelettes. Signed up for a marathon (Portland baby!) and bought tickets to SE Asia (Angkor anyone?).

Yesterday, I was in for somewhat scary medical stuff. I was super nervous and crying. My nerves were set off when the nurse after looking at my test results screamed "OH MY GOD!" I realized shortly that  what she was screaming at had nothing to do with me. A giant spider was on the floor. I jumped up from the hospital bed and killed the sucker. He didn't have 6-legs. And now I know, things have come full-circle.

2 comments:

  1. Love the jewelry, love the hair, love the puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You are a catch!!

    ReplyDelete