Sunday, June 12, 2011

Corks and Dorks


Firstly, I am not calling my friends “dorks.” I’m the dork. Zeuggie is the other dork – he likes to watch 60 Minutes  and Fringe with me. Though with Fringe, he is not nearly as taken with Joshua Jasckson as I am.
Today, I did afternoon cocktails with the ladies. The theme for the menu was spring and light to accompany white wine. Z and I just added the dorks to the corks. J

Menu  -
·        Meat and Cheese Plate
·        Lime and Mint infused Shrimp with Pea Puree
·        Chilled Cucumber Soup
·        Champagne Zabaglione with Strawberry Compote


I’m a big fan of the meat and cheese plate, so we have to save that for another post. The hit of the evening was the Zab… so here is the recipe.

Champagne Zabaglione with Strawberry Compote

* Ingredients *
1 cup champagne
3/4 cup powdered sugar
5 egg yolks
2 tablespoons light corn syrup

6 tablespoons whipping cream

1/2 pound strawberries, chopped

* Instructions *
1. Whisk together champagne, sugar, eggs and corn syrup in metal bowl. Place metal bowl on top of sauce pan with boiling water.
2. Heat mixture to 160 degrees. Remove from heat.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat till cooled.
4. Whip cream until soft peaks form.  Fold into egg mixture..
5. Serve in glasses, alternative fruit and custard mixture.

1 comment:

  1. This truly looks lovely. You are so talented. LE

    ReplyDelete