Thursday, February 10, 2011

All *Wrapped Up*

OK. So first of all – 2011 resolution update. Doing so-so on the marathon hopes. I got training partner. Unfortunately, we have only trained one time together. But, I’m up to 6 miles without much strain. I hoping by the summer races that I will be in good shape.  
Doing much better on the skiing pledge. So far this season, I’ve hit up Whistler, Baker, Crystal, Mammoth, Big White and Revelstoke. Revelstoke is the big winner – great mountain, friendliest people and all and all an awesome trip. The season still has a lot of skiing left to be done and hope to hit up a couple more hills. Suggestions?
Blogging has fallen a bit by the way side. Funny how you can’t type while skiing or running…
This week I’ve gotten back to some activities around the only holiday that lets you freely decorate in pink: Valentine’s Day.  
Overall, I am not a Valentine’s Day fan. For the couples, do you really need a holiday to tell someone that you love them? That should be done daily. Well, I guess boys need the occasion to express themselves. :)
For singles, this holiday might as well be called “Throw salt in my wounds” day or "I have awesome friends" day. 
For either group, it is a good chance to take a trip back to the 3rd grade a do a little decorating with paper. I even whipped out my elementary school bunny scissors for the night.
Playing with paper doesn’t always mean cards made with doilies or eating paste.
I used the occasion to wrap some small tokens for the special people in my life. Some red card stock and a little wire mirrored a Chinese food delivery box. Woven ribbon topped pink wrapping paper. Finally, in a throwback to Mrs. Moore’s placemat project, I wove 1 inch x 1 inch strips of paper to create a quilted gift box.
Seem like too much effort? Don’t worry. These boxes can be used year after year.     
FYI, perfect soundtrack for your V-day craft night : Country Strong Soundtrack.  Yep, that’s right. I now like country music. Still “eh” on Gwyneth Paltrow.

2 comments:

  1. Love your wrapping paper!!!! You are so creative and I can not believe you still have those scissors. :) M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aspen, Vail and Breck with me in March. And Revelstoke if you're up for going again. It's my must-do-this-year!

    -beE

    ReplyDelete