Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions and a Recipe

Happy 2011 everyone! Hope everyone rang in the New Year with fun and a little gusto.

Last year I set some resolutions for myself for the very first time in my life. Overall, 2010 was a tough year for me and it got a little easier seeing the resolution list get checked off. I accomplished everything from moving (twice… ugh) to an Irish adventure to starting up my own blog. For the fun of it, I worked today on my 2011 goals…

1.     Blog more. I know there are some concerned fans out there (Jason!). December was not my best month as a far as blog posts. I had great intentions, but too many Christmas parties, fun with friends, a trip to San Diego and then another killler New Year's Eve bash got in the way. I promise 2011 won’t disappoint. Stay tuned.
2.     Finish house projects. Let’s see I got a TV room to furnish, a spare bedroom to paint, a closet door to install, a backyard to revamp. The list goes on…
3.     Ski lots. After for the most part taking last year off, I want to hit it hard this year. I realized how much I love to ski. It forces you to test your limits. It forces you to figure out challenging situations (how am I getting down off this cliff?). It makes you feel free. The more runs I can get in this year, the better. Whistler, anyone?
4.     Run a marathon. Alright so this is the only 2010 resolution that had to be rolled over. I didn’t make it. No excuses this year.

OK, now since the last two goals involve a lot of early mornings and exercise, I thought I would work on this little recipe for a sweet early morning kick-in-the-pants energy treat to get me going. These may replace Diet Pepsi… wait who am I kidding?

Corn Flake Peanut Butter Balls

* Ingredients *
1 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter (I used reduced fat… December weight gain plan is now officially over.)
6 cups corn flakes

* Instructions *
1. Bring corn syrup and sugar to boil on stove. Remove from heat.
2. Whisk in peanut butter.
3. Pour over corn flakes and gently stir.
4. Pour a bowl of cold water and wet your fingers. Make ball with corn flake mixture and place on parchment paper. Repeat until all of the corn flake mixture is used.
5. Allow balls to cool completely. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.  

3 comments:

  1. 1. I love your blog so I hope you blog more!
    2. Let me know if you need help.....this will be great experience if I ever step into the world of homeowner.
    3. Always down. Lets plan that trip to Whistler!!
    4. My friend Vieve is running the marathon in June. I promised her I'd train with her, we would love a third if you need some training buddies!!

    xoxo, Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Jason dies without his daily dose. Thankyouthankyouthankyou for the commitment in 2011.
    2. I bring nothing to the table when it comes to decorating, but I like to spend money, so I'll shop anytime.
    3. Whistler. Yes. Soon. Duh.
    4. We ran the Pineapple Classic in 2010. I think this counts...kinda.

    LOVE YOU. L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s Please drop off the Corn Flake Peanut Butter Balls anytime, they would pair perfectly with my Coke Zero.

    ReplyDelete