Sunday, February 26, 2012

Patty-Thai

My favorite food in the world is steamed clams. My Grandma and I used to get them at the Pike Place Market during her yearly visit from the east coast. We also used to do a cracked crab feast. These are some of my favorite memories of summers growing up. Oh, and horse camp. My first kiss was with "Tom from Boston" after the barn dance. Well, that is not really relevant to my story. Oh, well. 

These days my favorite food is Pad Thai with Tofu, 3 stars. I'm a little boring to take out to dinner to Thai restaurants. I pretty much order the same thing every time. I also love the veggie burger. My new
Attic staple. 

Today, I started to think about what if I combined the two? Below find my creation for a Pad Thai Veggie Burger. Truly delicious! 


* Ingredients * 
2 cups cooke jasmine rice
1/4 block extra firm tofu
1 egg
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped peanuts 
2 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced 
1 tablespoons chili flakes 
Juice of 1 Lime 
Olive or Peanut Oil 
Shredded Carrot 
Shredded Cabbage 
Lime wedge 
Peanut Sauce


* Instructions * 
1. Combine first 9 ingredients in food processor.Pulse until well combined. 
2. Form mixture into 9 small patties. 
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil into a frying pan. Brown each patty at approximately 3 minutes a side. 
4. Serve with carrot, cabbage, lime and spicy peanut sauce. 

3 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful. Anything with peanut sauce is a winner with me. le

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this looks fabulous and I bet it tastes delicious!!!!! LH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried tonight. SO GOOD. LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete